There will be an H1N1 vaccination clinic for children 6 month through 5 years of age:
- Saturday, December 12, 2009
- 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Southwest High School Gym, El Centro
Here is the flyer with more information.
2009 H1N1 flu vaccination clinics will be held for children enrolled in kindergarten through junior high school. The vaccine will be provided at no cost.
All clinics will be held at:
Calexico High School – Godfrey Gym
1030 Encinas Avenue
Flu Clinic Dates
- All Elementary Schools – November 17, 2009, 3:30 PM – 7:30 PM
- All Junior High Schools – November 18, 2009, 3:30 PM – 7:30 PM
Please read this flyer for more details.
The Pandemic Flu Manual, created by the California Department of Education (CDE), is a state-specific supplement to the guidance provided for schools by the Centers for Disease Control and the U.S. Department of Education. It covers a number of topics, including recommendations and resources available for preparedness and prevention, notification and reporting procedures for student dismissals, and fiscal impacts of extended school, district, or statewide student dismissals if ordered by a public health officer due to pandemic influenza. The manual can be downloaded here.
The Imperial County Public Health Department issued a fact sheet about H1N1 (swine flu) and seasonal flu. The fact sheet gives guidance on:
- What is H1N1?
- How does H1N1 and other flu viruses spread?
- What are the signs and symptoms of the flu virus?
- What can you do?
- What should you do if you get sick?
- Can I get vaccinated against the flu?
- What is the Public Health Department doing?
Click here for a copy of the fact sheet (English and Spanish).